At Tinybird, we enable developers and data teams to harness the power of real time data and quickly build data pipelines and data products. With Tinybird, you can ingest multiple sources of data at scale, query and shape it using the 100% pure SQL you already know and love, and publish the results as low-latency, high-concurrency APIs that you consume in your applications. Developers can create fast APIs, faster. What used to take hours and days now only takes minutes. Tinybird is the indispensable tool that data engineers and software developers have been waiting for.
Our founding team has deep expertise building cloud and data intensive products serving organizations all over the world, and we are backed by great team members and investors who have built or are building some of the most relevant developer tools out there (including the Founders of GitHub, Algolia, and Vercel, amongst others).
Being a remote-first company with over 70 birdies from different nationalities, we believe our strength lies in cultivating a diverse environment. Everyone at Tinybird plays a role in forming and executing our strategy, and we truly believe our globally diverse workforce is the key to unlocking the most value for our customers.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to join the team as a Product Manager that:
- Has some experience as PM in a data intensive organization. Ideally working with databases, data infrastructure, or analytics technologies.
- Has a relevant technical background, with a deep understanding of software development processes and technologies.
- Is able to work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and marketing.
- Loves to talk to customers and understand their needs and desires.
- Is good at communicating clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, internally and externally.
- Knows some SQL.
Where will you work?
Currently, we are looking for a Product Manager for our Core team at Tinybird. The Core team is responsible for building and tuning some of the most relevant pieces of the service other teams use to provide a top-notch service to our customers.
Some examples of the areas the Core team manages are:
- Billing: how our customers are being charged for what they are building, from a self-service customer to an Enterprise one.
- Observability: we provide several tools for monitoring all the operations and how their API Endpoints are performing, we call them Service Data Sources, where you can build your own alerts.
- Authentication: every operation in Tinybird is managed by a token, from browsing our UI to creating a new Pipe using the CLI.
How could your typical day look like
Tinybird is full of early birds (pun intended). We wake up early to read email and catch up with all the basecamp notifications, tickets and so on (other times some of us just go for a run).
We use Basecamp for daily coordination and planning, GitLab for issue tracking and milestones, and Google Docs to discuss things like product decisions. There is always something to read and discuss. We like meetings but we don't like too many meetings, that's why a few meetings are open to everyone within the company (Customer success, product status and our bi-weely town hall) while we focus on creating small and productive teams for solving problems.
We talk about Product every day. There needs to be a balance between today and tomorrow's problems so the vision of someone that is working with the product to fix real problems is crucial (that'd be you as well).
Our product design approach is quite simple: someone proposes a solution to a problem, explains why it's important and describes how it would work. Then, everyone else asks questions and we decide if that makes sense or not. You'll be part of this, of course.
We also take time to write blog posts about how to do things with our product. It's hard to keep up with the pace, especially if we have a problem or an unexpected client request, but writing those helps us a lot.
Some bits about the way we work
We are a fully remote company, and not just because of COVID19. All of our previous companies were remote friendly companies.
We give you up to 2400€ to get the right setup at home if you need it.
We are just starting up so your work will impact everything we do. We also believe in full transparency and you will always know what is going on.
Here you have our company principles.
We try to simplify the process as much as we can, and we don't like to extend it with any candidate more than two weeks (if the whole process is completed):
- Two meetings with Product team members.
- Third meeting: meet a founder or People team member.
- We make you an offer.
- That's it!
- A competitive package, including Stock Options.
- Up to 55K depending on experience.
- 22 days of holiday a year (plus your birthday and public holidays), but… who's counting?
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best. This time, we are looking for people based in Europe.
How to apply
Apply telling us a bit about yourself and ask us whatever you need to know about the problem we are trying to solve, the company, your role, etc.