Account Executive - New York
Sales & Business Development
New York, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer
The Tessian Cloud Email Security platform helps enterprises defend against email attacks, protect against data loss and respond to security incidents more efficiently. By combining artificial intelligence with an understanding of employee email behavior, Tessian is able to prevent complex email attacks and data loss incidents that evade Secure Email Gateways and the built in security controls of M365 and Google Workspace.
The world's largest banks, healthcare organizations, hedge funds and law firms all use Tessian to secure their email environments, data and people whilst saving their security team time. In 2022 alone, Tessian prevented hundreds of thousands of business email compromise attacks, data loss incidents and saved hundreds of hours of work for security teams.
Tessian is headquartered in London and Boston with 200+ employees globally and has raised over $120m in venture capital funding from world leading investors like Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, March, Citi and Okta. Tessian was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022. More information can be found at www.tessian.com.
We’re looking for outstanding tech salespeople who have consistently hit target and thrive in taking full ownership of the sales cycle, from lead generation through to closing. You’ll be an articulate presenter and a strategic planner but above all, dynamic and goal-oriented.
We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a company and embarking on the scale-up phase is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable, and be brilliant at continually re-prioritizing what must get done to keep Tessian growing year over year at the pace of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history.
In this role you'll get to:
- Generate, manage and forecast a sales pipeline on your own
- Present our product to senior executives in client meetings
- Navigate through complex sales cycles with some of the most prestigious companies
- Be able to anticipate, manage and influence prospect objections
- Ensure high level of responsiveness with prospects through the sales process
- Proactively source new leads and new business opportunities, with the support of the sales development and marketing functions.
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up, and generate interest
- Collaborate with team members and find strategic ways to win business
- Build strong relationships with your prospects but also all internal stakeholders involved in the sales cycle
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a track record for exceeding targets in cyber security sales, ideally in start up, or 3+ years in a high-performing professional environment
- Ideally has broad experience from lead generation through to closing deals
- Presents themselves as highly credible and articulate face-to-face, over the phone, and via email
- Has a confident persona and can deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- Is very good at communicating complex technological ideas in a simple, compelling way
- Is highly professional and results obsessed
If you're not sure that you exactly fit all of the above criteria, please do get in touch anyway. We're always willing to speak to great candidates even if you don't feel you meet every criteria listed!
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.