Account Executive - Texas
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way. You can read more about Human Layer Security here.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, is dual headquartered in San Francisco (US) and London (UK), with office hubs in Boston & Austin, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Having found exceptional product/market fit for our category-defining Human Layer Security software platform, we’re in the midst of transitioning from 'start-up' to ‘scale-up’, and looking for Account Executives to capitalize on the huge demand for our product.
Funded by VCs such as Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, we’re building out our commercial presence in new markets and geographies and are looking for passionate entrepreneurs, builders and straight up hustlers to help us build something special.
We’re looking for outstanding tech salespeople who have consistently hit target and thrive in taking full ownership of the sales cycle, from lead generation through to closing. You’ll be an articulate presenter and a strategic planner but above all, dynamic and goal-oriented.
We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a company and embarking on the scale-up phase is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable, and be brilliant at continually re-prioritizing what must get done to keep Tessian growing year over year at the pace of the fastest growing SaaS companies in history.
In this role you'll get to:
- Generate, manage and forecast a sales pipeline on your own
- Present our product to senior executives in client meetings
- Navigate through complex sales cycles with some of the most prestigious companies
- Be able to anticipate, manage and influence prospect objections
- Ensure high level of responsiveness with prospects through the sales process
- Proactively source new leads and new business opportunities, with the support of the sales development and marketing functions.
- Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow up, and generate interest
- Collaborate with team members and find strategic ways to win business
- Build strong relationships with your prospects but also all internal stakeholders involved in the sales cycle
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a track record for exceeding targets in cyber security sales, ideally in start up, or 3+ years in a high-performing professional environment
- Ideally has broad experience from lead generation through to closing deals
- Presents themselves as highly credible and articulate face-to-face, over the phone, and via email
- Has a confident persona and can deliver extraordinary customer relationships
- Is very good at communicating complex technological ideas in a simple, compelling way
- Is highly professional and results obsessed
If you're not sure that you exactly fit all of the above criteria, please do get in touch anyway. We're always willing to speak to great candidates even if you don't feel you meet every criteria listed!
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.
See more open positions at Tessian
Something looks off?