Regional Sales Director
Sales & Business Development
France · Remote
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Onfido lets people prove their identity anytime, anywhere. We’re creating a more open digital world by connecting them to the services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account. We’re building a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ and ‘Best AI product in FinTech’ awards at CogX
We are a global, established, technology company having surpassed $130M in annual recurring revenue (ARR) with a prominent position in the global marketplace, and have been repeatedly recognized for our performance and innovation. In 2023, we’ve been awarded ‘Best Fraud Detection and Prevention Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan, featured as a Strong Performer by Forrester in its 2022 Identity Verification Wave, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors such as TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with hundreds of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support checks in 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. With over 1,200 customers worldwide and 500 employees.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Our significant growth is fueled by a continued increased demand in the UK and EMEA region as organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans and partner with Onfido. We're looking for a sales leader with previous experience creating and deploying effective sales and business growth strategies. You will have responsibility for generating new business and growth, driving revenue, and assuring the continued trajectory of the territory.
You will develop, manage and lead a sales team and be tasked with hiring and developing the best talent in the market to increase our sales presence throughout the territory. As an experienced mentor with a strong software and sales background, you will support your team through complex procurements, go-to-market initiatives and act as a senior stakeholder for the customers in your region.
This role is quota-carrying so you will own the regional forecast, tackle opportunities for both net-new revenue and expansion in existing accounts and constantly improve your team through outstanding leadership and coaching.
As a Regional Sales Director at Onfido you will:
- Formulate a strategy and outline a roadmap for Sales and Marketing to support growth across the region.
- Deliver sales revenue targets, implementing, and managing a robust sales forecasting process
- Create processes, set best practices, and build replicable patterns for regional go to markets initiatives
- Take responsibility for the sales & growth of the commercial activitiesReview ways in which market opportunities and sales revenue can be maximised across various market sectors/customers
- Recruit, hire, train new team membersBe a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for AEs and wider team
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive cross-functionally collaboration with Marketing, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Partnerships and Customer Success to align regional strategy
We're looking for a Regional Sales Director who prides themselves on having:
- Excellent Professional Sales Skills: A proficient and creative, high-level sales negotiator with outstanding ability to achieve and exceed sales targets in a B2B, complex sales environment. Proven ability to target accounts and using sales methodologies like Command of the Message to uncover true needs and decision-makers to progress opportunities through our sales funnel. You have a love for the sales process and a proven ability to consistently find and close new accounts.
- Valuing Communication and Customer Orientation: A strong and assured communicator and presenter, who is able to gain personal credibility with Board level senior customer management. Understands the customer implications of chosen approaches and is able to reflect these in a diplomatic and professional manner in order to achieve client trust and confidence.
- Strong Business Acumen: Able to take a commercially aware approach to achieving goals and objectives and balance both technical and commercial considerations in achieving sales success and ongoing customer satisfaction. Financially astute. Familiarity with financial models, ROI, TCO, capital versus operating budget issues, etc are all areas which will drive success in this role.
- An Achievement Oriented Approach: You have a high bandwidth, are pro-active and goal-oriented with a sense of urgency and can adopt a disciplined, practical and organised approach. You have a propensity to succeed, make effective decisions and see them through to an effective conclusion.
- High Work Standards and Integrity: Sets and maintains professional standards at all times, puts forward facts honestly and can be trusted implicitly by customers and fellow employees alike. Does far more than the minimum required and is concerned with the quality, professionalism and integrity of work undertaken.
- Self-Reliance and Flexibility: Possesses a self-assured and outward going personality with the ability and adaptability to work practically, independently, reliably and flexibly, without the need for ongoing support.
Essential Requirements for this Regional Sales Director role includes:
- 5+ years of B2B SaaS sales leadership experience in hyper growth firms ie: £25 - £250M
- We are open to first-time leaders for excellent AE's who have worked in Enterprise Sales evironments for at least 7 years with an excellent track record
- Consultative selling experience
- Proven ability to manage a forecast
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- Strong working knowledge of digital identity, IDV or payments/fintech
- Strong operational and process orientation & bias towards execution.
- Fluent in English and at least one between French and Italian
Onfidoers share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
> 25 days annual leave plus + RTT + 1 day off for your birthday
> Two paid volunteering days per year*
> 50€ per month remote working bonus
> Meal Vouchers provided by Swile. Onfido covers 50% and 50% is deducted from your payroll.
> Health Insurance (Mutuelle) provided by ALAN. Onfido contributes 60% to your membership. Should you choose to add partners/children to the plan, Onfido will also cover 60% of their medical cover cost
> Disability & Life insurance (Prevoyance) provided by ALAN (3x Base Salary)
> Commuter reimbursement up to €40 per month
> Life enrichment allowance of up to €95 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after passing probation (3 months)
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.