Manager, Customer Support Engineering (L3)
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
An L3 Technical Support Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by effectively managing a team of Technical support engineers (Onfido technical experts) along with associated support projects and processes. This role involves handling critical customer escalations, career development of individuals, and project management processes. Apart from day-to-day activities, the candidate is expected to be involved in strategic planning to grow the team, run projects of organisational importance, guide / mentor the next cadre of leadership as per Onfido values, while being a face of organisation to the wider world. The candidate is expected to be an independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented, hands-on person always ready to provide technical guidance to team members and able to define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class support services.
You will achieve through this:
Leadership - Leading by example, with hands-on approach to problem resolution. Sense of urgency when prioritising tasks, negotiating with stakeholders and securing agreement from all parts. Persuasive communication across all levels
Product understanding - Developing a deep understanding of Onfido's product suite and how it is used by our customers, collaborating with support engineers, product managers, software engineers, and mentors. Show confidence when demonstrating Onfido's solutions
Customer Experience mindset - Holistic understanding of customer experience, and what drives and impacts customers at each stage of their onboarding journey. All-encompassing approach to customer support, adapting your language to fit the audience
Problem solving - Supporting the team as they investigate, debug, reproduce and fix any technical issues customers are facing when using our services
Product improvement - You know what works well and what needs some tweaking. You will work with Product Managers in defining the product roadmap, by surfacing customer feedback and learnings from past requests. You will help maintain accurate product documentation and will constantly try to improve internal processes
Tooling - You're constantly looking for opportunities to automate support tasks, by using scripts and by developing custom tools that will make the job easier
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Overall work-experience of 10+ years with 5+ years of exposure as a Support Manager
- Strong experience in leading, coaching and mentoring technical support professionals
- Experience in Support case management and reporting tools such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Jira, Looker, Datadog
- Deep knowledge of mobile app development across Android, iOS, React Native and Flutter SDK as well as web applications and how they are built / work
- Network expertise or any other cloud
- Lead customer escalation and major incidents coordinating resolution efforts across different geo within your team and with multiple stakeholders removing service blockers and voicing the customer impact and concerns internally to speed up the resolution and restore the service
- Collaborate with other Support Managers to identify knowledge gaps to enable our customers and tier I and II support team members to self-serve through articles published on Onfido Customer Experience Portal and assign content creation to your team
- Lead a support team to achieve business objectives including the attainment of targets for NPS and CSAT scores to set expectations on KPIs targets, employee satisfaction, service levels, resolution time, and project deadlines
- Be a knowledge resource, and escalation point for technical support engineers
- Can work independently and make decisions even when limited details are available
- Diligence, patience and friendliness, even when things need to move fast
- Sense of urgency, ability to prioritise tasks based on business priorities
- Excellent critical thinking skills, with the ability to provide innovative and practical achievable solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for understanding and articulating customer challenges
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise:
- Self-starter analytical thinker thorough and detailed approach
- Effective team leader and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and able to demonstrate strong problem-solving and forward-thinking
- Good listening skills required to probe for answers
- Demonstrate your understanding of the technical aspects of the project and draw upon your transferable and practical development experiences
- Able to take creative approaches to problem solving innovation and issue resolution
- Experience of working in a complex agile delivery environment designing technical applications based on client requirements
- Able to communicate with the client and the development teams
- B. E / BTech and managerial/process certification
Onfidoers share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Bupa Private Medical and Dental Insurance*
> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
> Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)*
> Generous paid parental leaveFree mental health coaching provided online
> Life enrichment allowance of up to £80 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after passing probation
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.