Senior Customer Support Engineer - (L3)
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Onfido is looking for a full-time L3 Customer Support Engineer to join the Global Customer Support team as it expands its 24/7 coverage within Europe and India.
As an L3 Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing third-level customer support to ensure a successful run of integrations with Onfido’s SDKs, API, and no-code solutions. You will become an expert in Onfido’s product offerings and provide high-level technical support to our customers. This role requires programming skills and sits in the Customer Organization.
This is the right job for you, if you’re keen on:
- Being a customer’s hero. Understanding the priority of requests, capturing the required details for a timely resolution and suggesting the best way of achieving a customer goal. You focus on response time and customer satisfaction.
- Joining a great company leading in tech and disruptive in the identity verification space.
- Acquiring a deep knowledge of AI technologies and Onfido’s product suite. You will learn something new daily as we develop our products and services.
- Looking for opportunities to improve internal processes and represent the “voice of the customer” within Onfido.
- Working with people who inspire and being an inspiration for others. We are proud of our world-class culture, where people are encouraged to share ideas and learn from each other.
- Onfido is in hyper-growth mode. That means everyone who joins us today needs to be ready for personal hyper-growth too!
- Overall work experience of a number of years in a Customer Service or software support position
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or other science subjects
- Experience in Support case management and reporting tools such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Jira, Looker, Datadog
- Deep knowledge of mobile app development across Android, iOS, React Native and Flutter SDK as well as web applications and how they are built / work.
- Experience with AWS cloud platform
- Able to work with logs and build hypothesis to unfold complex problems
- RestAPIs experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand the problem statement and troubleshooting complex technical issues with ease, this may include outbound contact with customers for additional information and resolution
- Personal commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Leading investigation and resolving complex issues and escalations while demonstrating exceptional technical understanding, business process and customer needs in a timely manner
- Work directly with Engineering and Product teams to resolve the issues customers have reported Empathy and the desire to help others.
- Sense of urgency, ability to prioritise tasks based on business priorities.
- Can work independently and make decisions even when limited details are available.
- Diligence, patience and friendliness, even when things need to move fast.
- Self-starter, able to learn new technologies “on the fly”Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical issues
- Experience in mobile application development
- Experience providing SaaS technical support for international customers
- Experience using tools such as Splunk, Xcode, Android Studio
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code.
- React and Redux for frontend work.
- TensorFlow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision.
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services.
- AWS for underlying infrastructure.
We are technology agnostic at Onfido. We are not looking for you to have experience in all these technologies. As long as you're open to learn, please apply.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
Who you are:
We encourage people from all backgrounds, cultures, and skill levels to apply. It is okay to not meet all requirements listed as we are looking for individuals who are passionate, and eager to learn.
Onfidoers share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.