Senior Protocol Engineer
Mailchain is email for web3. We're developing the next generation of messaging for web3 and the metaverse to safeguard communication for users. Do you care about user privacy, open source software, first class user experience, and developing new technologies that will benefit millions of users?
Without communication as a first class citizen, many actions taken for granted on the Internet cannot take place in web3. Users can’t receive direct communications related to their savings, loans, and financial positions. They can’t receive information from projects they care about in the context of how they interact with them. They can’t contact others in their community, for example, to make an offer to purchase a digital collectible. Businesses can’t receive receipts for payments, or invoices. Developers can’t be reached in the event of security issues and can’t send out important communications to their users if there is an issue, upgrade, or decision to be made.
Mailchain provides a multi protocol platform for sending and receiving messages between blockchain addresses. Users don’t need to reveal private keys or any other information about themselves. It’s as simple as using webmail.
What's the opportunity?
Mailchain is building the next generation communication platform and needs a talented software development engineer.
As a key member of our team you will use your knowledge of distributed systems, peer-to-peer protocols, and zero-knowledge proofs to build next generation communication platform.
You will design and implement the decentralized web's messaging and communication protocol. Your work will enable millions of decentralized web and metaverse users to interact with one another.
What will you be doing?
- Write scalable and reliable code for a blockchain based messaging and communication protocol which is capable of serving millions worldwide over years to come.
- Privacy is a top priority, and your designs will ensure secure and anonymous messaging for all.
- Evaluate technology choices, analyze and make forward-looking technological decisions.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, architecture and documentation.
- Work with the product team to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate needs into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems in an ambiguous environment and successfully deliver results.
- 2+ years of experience with blockchain technology or decentralised systems.
- Development experience with at least one strongly typed language, preferably Golang.
- Passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology, and decentralization.
- High-performance, low-level or distributed system development experience.
- Experience architecting and contributing to technical documentation and whitepapers.
- Strong familiarity with cryptographic concepts.
- Sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of encryption, key exchange mechanisms, and secure multi-party computing (MPC).
- Strong familiarity of zero-knowledge proofs, zk-STARKs, zk-SNARKs, bulletproofs, elliptic curve cryptography and prominent signature schemes.
- Good understanding of distributed systems and peer-to-peer protocols, e.g. Tor, I2P, or Libp2p.
- Community focus and open-source mindset.
Mailchain is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant), and a relevant criminal background check.