Operations & Strategy - Telecom Network Focus
In short: Full-time, remote position. Please only apply if you are currently residing in North America or Europe.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has raised a $20MM Series A.
Telecom & Operations is Gigs’ central operations function responsible for working with industry partners and across our internal stack to scale our business. This team sits cross-functionally between Business Development, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering. We’re excited to bring on a team-spirited, seasoned operations expert who can help us build from the ground up, learn the details, and continue to bring structure to our existing and new Telecom Networks we work with.
You’ll be part of the early team building this function at Gigs. You’ll work across Product, Engineering, Business Development, and Customer Success to build out efficient and scalable business processes that can support different types of customers and use cases. You’ll also bring expertise in Operations (either Telecom experience or enthusiasm to learn!) to help mature this function.
You will work closely with April, our Head of Telecom & Operations.
Some of your work will include:
- Telecom Operations: Build and maintain an internal knowledge base as we continue to launch new products, features, and networks. Serve as the first line for internal telecom escalations and partner with Product and our Network Partners to scope, design, and deploy new telecom solutions. Excitement to work cross-functionally on high-pressure projects that have a high impact on the company’s success.
- Build Systems from the ground up. Pitch and deploy company-wide tooling to streamline and automate cross-functional operations. Create simple, transparent processes for business stakeholders to understand operations without needing all the details. *
- Process Scaling & Optimization: Roll up your sleeves to optimize processes as Gigs grows. Identify and implement new processes that match the size and breadth of the business. As we continue to scale, build models to optimize our usage and look for additional opportunities to optimize revenue.
- Project Management: Manage complex company-wide initiatives for new products and processes.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience. Experience at early stage B2B or SaaS company working on operations as the company built products and scaled in size.
- Enthusiasm to work in telecom: You either have previous experience working with Telecom Networks or the enthusiasm to jump in and learn about a new industry. We’re happy to teach you and learn together if the motivation is there.
- You’re a problem solver and work well under pressure: You love solving problems and enjoy learning how systems work. You’re curious and take the initiative. You think creatively about how to build incremental solutions and enjoy using data to prioritize your work and make decisions. You’re comfortable managing incidents and working with a team to find a solution.
- You look to unblock inefficiency. You look at the entire operation along the B2B2C value chain and find ways to make things more efficient. You consider interdependencies to figure out where processes can be improved (both internal and external) and where things could break.
- You love to challenge the status quo: You work best in an environment where you can test solutions that work for the business. You like to question why something doesn't currently work and take things that don't work apart to see how you can rebuild them better. You keep a balance between getting things done and challenging the existing limitations.
- You’re based in North America or Europe. You’re fluent in English.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO) [21 days if based in the US].
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike, or get creative at a hackathon.