Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
In short: Full-time, remote position. Please only apply if you are currently residing in North America or Europe.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is a telecom-as-a-service company building a global connectivity platform.
- Our core product is an API that connects telecom networks from multiple countries:
- For businesses: we make it simple to integrate through a single API and sell phone and data plans to their customers.
- For consumers: we make it simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & globally connected for your smartphone, smartwatch, or IoT device.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
- As a Brand Designer at Gigs, you'll have the opportunity to shape our brand identity and enhance customer engagement through your design expertise.
- Our brand visualization is still at an early stage. Your expertise, creativity and experience with design systems will help us build and extend our brand identity across all channels.
- You will be hands-on in creating static and animated content for our website, pitches, demos and product launches.
- You will build sample brands, demo videos and visuals/UI designs to demonstrate the business potential of Gigs during the sales funnel. You will also support the Business Development team with client-facing materials, presentation elements and infographics.
- You’ll also get regular opportunities to work with leading brands across the Phones and Wearables, Fintech, E-Commerce and Broadband verticals, creating unique branded launch assets for their mobile services with Gigs.
- You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and sales, to create visually stunning brand assets that leave a lasting impression on our audience.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You’ve worked closely with tech products before, and feel comfortable incorporating UI in your designs.
- You’re a confident, experienced and creative graphic designer. You might also have strengths in 3D and motion design, which is a valuable bonus.
- You've designed for consumer-facing products. We’re changing the world of telecom and design will play a crucial role here. Our idea of great design is questioning as many assumptions as possible. And also answering them.
- You love a good design system. You understand that it enables creativity rather than limits it.
- You enjoy engaging the team. This means high involvement of all team members in the design process.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job and don't only follow what you already know.
- You care about more than design quality. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO). 21 days if based in the US.
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike, or get creative at a hackathon.