In short: Full-time position based in Berlin or remote in Europe. Please only apply if currently residing in Europe or UK. Generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
We are seeking an exceptional Engineering Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to join our growing Team. To succeed in this position, you must be able to work independently and efficiently. You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and be responsible for a team of 5-10 engineers in the beginning. We will make sure you have fun along the way!
Key responsibilities include:
- Authoring project plans for epics and running agile project management processes. Breaking down product ideas and roadmaps and formulating them into projects for execution.
- Providing guidance and coaching to team members on technical contributions, product architecture, and other areas.
- Actively seeking and hiring globally-distributed talent; Conducting managerial interviews for candidates and training the team to do technical interviews; Holding regular 1:1s with team members.
- Generating and implementing process improvements; Improving product quality, security, and performance. Flagging roadblocks & bottlenecks in real-time.
- Fostering technical decision-making on the team while making final decisions when necessary.
- Drafting quarterly OKRs and Engineering KPIs; Ensuring efficient resource allocation.
- Being in charge of Ticket organization, outlining, and streamlining while managing timelines
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You have strong technical leadership experience, ideally within a start-up or a scale-up.
- You have led a cross-functional team in an agile environment (5-10 Engineers).
- You have built operation structures for developer-friendly platforms.
- You are an empathetic, strong communicator and an active listener.
- You are a self-organized individual who can operate autonomously.
- You can solve complex problems and remove roadblocks.
- You have ideally worked with Ruby and TypeScript throughout your career.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner of Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Visa sponsorship is available, and your relocation will be covered, as needed.
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together for great food, lots of laughter, and leisurely activities.