In short: Freelance, project-based, or full-time opportunity that requires knowledge of API documentation.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
This position requires deep knowledge of API documentation and technical writing for SaaS startups or scale-ups. Native English proficiency required
- You’ll have an impact by contributing across all customer-facing products, including the dashboard, our Slack community, self-serve flows, documentation, git repos, and more.
- Nice to have for this position: Exposure to working with Git, but no worries you’ll have the opportunity to learn this too.
- You’ll write product and API documentation for our users, for example crafting reference docs and developer guides. You will take complex topics and translate them into a concise, relevant, and readable format. This includes working with the engineering team to convert detailed bullet points and verbal explanations into detailed, simple, and streamlined explanations.
- You’ll tech-splain complex software, product features, and API functions. You’ll think about how to complement your writing with user-friendly content like infographics and illustrations for an enhanced user experience and will work with the team to implement these.
- You’ll establish best practices on how to design, draft, and edit technical and process documentation at Gigs. As the first dedicated technical writer at Gigs, review, challenge and copyedit technical content and advocate best practices in technical writing across the organization. This includes selecting a uniform writing style across all media and other platforms for consistency within and outside the organization. You’ll be able to explore solutions to automate and actively optimize our documentation.
- You’ll manage stakeholder relationships by working closely with engineering, product, and communication teams to ensure the quality and accuracy of the content. This also includes supporting the release and adoption of our software amongst our customers and external stakeholders.
- You have 4+ years of technical writing within SaaS and API startups or scale-ups. With years of experience as a technical writer, you know the ins and outs of impactful API and SDK documentation and have a portfolio of pieces to prove it. Familiarity with API documentation tools and knowledge of REST APIs is a must.
- You love abstracting complexity. You can take complex technical topics and formulate them into beautifully simple explanations. You are innately good at communicating through the written word, crafting pieces that are quickly understood and break down technical barriers.
- You’re a writer at heart and love creating for an reading audience. You write for impact, giving readers the tools they need to get the job done.
- You’re a task-master with an established record of project ownership, project management, and self-direction as a technical writer. You know how to tackle things to get started and know when and where to reach out to the team for support.
- You’ve got native-level English skills and know how to interpret engineering thinking and writing. You know what nerds want to read.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike or get creative at a hackathon.