Business Development Manager, Creator Partnerships US
In short: Full-time position, remote, based in the USA. Must be an expert in the creator economy. Generous stock options in the company. Salary range $85k - $120k annually.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth*.*
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
You’ll work alongside Hermann & Dennis, co-founders, as you set up this completely new focus on the creator economy within Gigs.
- Own it: You will closely work with the founders and drive your own projects from day one. We’ll challenge you to find savvy solutions and outline efficient strategies to drive progress and achieve real business impact.
- You’ll be our resident expert on the creator economy vertical. You’ll own and drive the creator economy projects and strategies throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Test, validate, repeat: You will outline strategies and drive operational projects. You outline, implement and refine the game plan to grow our creator economy revenue share. You will seek the highest revenue impact and brand awareness with the most efficient use of resources.
- You’ll spearhead sales, growth, customer success, and operations and help to build a fast-scaling software company. We already have tens of thousands of US customers live and hundreds of thousands queued. You’re excited to bring happy creators on board.
- This position requires independence and focus on quality and relationship building.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You live in the Creator Economy. You have deep knowledge and insights into running partnerships within the Creator Economy. More important than years of experience is measured impact and knowledge of the creator space. This includes expert-level knowledge on creator monetization, a large network within this sector, and knowledge of what sources to tap to get the most impact.
- You've built something before. We love builders. You understand that building a product people want involves trying things that don't scale at first. You turn them into something that does. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- You like to optimize. You look at the entire operation along the B2B2C value chain. You figure out where processes can be improved and where things could break. And fix it yourself or with our engineers.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and don't only follow what you already know.
- You care about the customer experience. Our idea of great execution is turning our customers into brand advocates.
- Ideally, you have spent 2+ years working in a high-growth environment at a technology company.
- p-tier college or university and/or have worked for 5+ years in a high-growth environment at a technology company.
- Full-time contract with a salary range $85k - $120k annually.
- 21 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike, or get creative at a hackathon.