hero

Play a role in the future of software

Discover opportunities across our portfolio companies

MBA Product Intern

Encord

Encord

Product
London, UK
Posted on Friday, June 21, 2024
About Us
At Encord, we're building the AI infrastructure of the future. The biggest challenge AI companies face today is actually not half as glamorous as the outside world may think: it's all about data quality. In fact, the success of any AI application today relies on the quality of a model's training data — and for 95% of teams, this essential step is both the most costly, and the most time-consuming, in getting their product to market.
As ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first-hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building AI. AI today is what the early days of computing or the internet were like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are still primitive, preventing the next generation of applications. This is why we started Encord.
We are a talented and ambitious team of 60, working at the cutting edge of multimodal and visual AI, backed by top investors, including CRV and Y Combinator, leading industry executives like Luc Vincent, former VP of AI at Meta, and other top Bay Area leaders in AI. We are one the fastest growing companies in our space, and consistently rated as the best tool in the market by our customers. We have big plans ahead and are looking to bring on our first MBA Product Intern, to support our Product team on two core projects for Encord.
The Role
As an MBA Product Intern at Encord, you will work closely with our Product and Commercial team to deliver research, insights, and analysis on our current competitive position and pricing strategy. You will peak behind the scenes of how a fast-growing startup builds and delivers new products that delight customers and quickly grow organically. This position is a 2-4 month full-time internship, with option the to stay part-time during the rest of your studies. 70% of the internship will be focused on a main project, and the remaining 30% on day-to-day product tasks with the team.
About you
Requirements
- Experience in product management or technical roles, preferably in AI/ML or data-heavy B2B companies.
- Proficiency in SQL and data querying.
- Experience with usage-based pricing models is a plus.
- Experience building or tinkering with products in the AI/ML space is a plus.
You can break down an ambiguous or complex problem statement into actionable steps, and are a great communicator - you push the project forward, take ownership and pull in the rest of the team where helpful. You are a self-starter: you know what to focus on and don't get bogged down in details or lost in tangents. You embody "craft at speed", you set the highest of standards for yourself and take pride in your work (while resisting the need for 'perfect') and execute with a strong sense of urgency at a pace that is uncomfortable to others.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Competitor & Market Analysis: Analyse the commercial models of a set of companies and derive insights and recommendations from them.
- Data Analysis: Use SQL and other data querying tools (e.g. Heap or Tableau) to analyze product performance and inform decision-making.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with the Engineering, ML, and Customer Success teams to quickly get up to speed on the state of play, gather the information you need, and execute independently.
- Continuous Communication: Excellent communication skills for leading internal sessions and external engagements such as webinars and demos.
What We Offer
- Central London office in the heart of Fitzrovia.
- Company lunches 2x a week.
- Strong in-person culture: most of our team is in the office 3+ days a week.
- Clear and concrete opportunities to grow — a year ago we were 35 people, now we're 60. We'll be growing insanely fast over the next 24 months.