Founder Associate - Go-To-Market
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
At Encord, we're building the AI infrastructure of the future. The biggest challenge AI companies face today is actually not half as glamorous as the outside world may think: it's all about data quality. In fact, the success of any AI application today relies on the quality of a model's training data — and for 95% of teams, this essential step is both the most costly, and the most time-consuming, in getting their product to market.
As ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first-hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building AI. AI today is what the early days of computing or the internet were like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are still primitive, preventing the next generation of applications. This is why we started Encord.
We are a talented and ambitious team of 53, working at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, backed by top investors, including CRV and Y Combinator, leading industry executives like Luc Vincent, former VP of AI at Meta, and other top Bay Area leaders in AI. We are one the fastest growing companies in our space, and consistently rated as the best tool in the market by our customers. We have big plans ahead and are looking for a rockstar Founder Associate to join our commercial team in building our GTM motion.
You’ll be the driving force for Encord’s future growth and learn first-hand how to build a GTM function from scratch and scale to XX$ millions in ARR.
You'll spend your time on 3 core streams:
1) Demand generation — strategically identifying, prospecting and qualifying prospective customers. You'll own our messaging for different geographies and sectors, building and managing campaigns, and setting the foundations to then teach new joiners how it's done.
2) Driving our broader GTM function — you'll manage sales pipeline, help close deals and - as soon as you're ready - own deals from sourcing to close, support early customers and later plan our GTM strategy.
3) Product launches - launching Encord's products
Within 12-18 months, we expect you will put yourself forward for a team lead role, or you may choose to specialize in a commercial area (eg. sales, customer success, solutions consulting, product). Ultra-high achievers will be given the opportunity even sooner.
- You're ambitious and you want to rise faster than would be possible in any 'normal' career and you're happy to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is required.
- You're an entrepreneur and you want to be a part of building a business.
- You're intelligent and can dip into the technical intricacies while staying focused on achieving the outcome.
- You want to grow within Encord. You might want to become the best sales, product or customer success specialist out there and you’re looking for a company that can offer you that growth and learning opportunity to enable you to become a future leader.
- You’ve consistently performed in the top percentile of whatever environment you’ve been in, whether in education, business, sport, or a sales team.
You may not have any B2B / SaaS sales experience but you will have excelled at something incredibly challenging that demonstrates your grit and ability to sell. For example, you may be a career changer who did well in a different sector like banking / consulting / something else similarly intense & difficult, but now want to go on this journey of learning to sell & building a business.
More about the Role & Encord
- Competitive salary, commission and equity in a hyper growth business ahead of our Series B
- Office in the heart of Fitzrovia - team lunches on Friday, quarterly offsites & option for lots of travels (monthly trips to US, Europe, Israel)
- Strong in-person culture: most of our team is in the office 3-5 days a week
- Room to grow into anything you choose to — two years ago we were 12 people, now we're 70. We'll be growing insanely fast over the next 24 months and you'll have all the opportunities for growth as you can handle.
- Flexible working hours, health insurance, 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays, and all foundation level benefits you'd expect and more.