Machine Learning Solutions Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive training data solution for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
As a Solutions Engineer at Encord, you will be working closely with customers to understand their requirements, gather feedback, and provide technical inputs to the engineering team. You will be a focal point between the commercial and technical teams at Encord. Some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Support technical customer onboarding, including running technical sessions, importing/exporting data and labels into/out of our platform.
- Build scripts and tools to quickly respond to pressing customer feature requests. Support the product and engineering team in converting these point solutions into production grade features available in the main platform.
- Be the face of our engineering team with customers and prospects.
- Work alongside the commercial teams during the entire customer lifecycle and support dealmaking with your technical knowledge.
- Work with the Sales & ML team to prepare and set up product demos.
- 1+ years of experience.
- A good understanding of using Python SDKs, APIs, SQL and cloud integrations is needed.
- High attention to detail with a customer first approach.
- A hacker mindset to solve customer problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to estimate the scope of bug fixes and help debug code based on, e.g., stack traces from customers.
- Deal-driven attitude with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Beneficial if you have previous experience in a fast paced B2B startup.
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer is a plus.
What We Offer:
Competitive salary and equity in a hyper growth business.
25 days annual leave a year + public holidays.
Fast paced learning through direct hands-on experience.
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields.