Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Encord is a London-based startup building the AI data engine of the future. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt firsthand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
We are seeking a talented Product Engineer with a strong front-end bias but also skilled with back-end technologies. In this role, you will work with our cross-functional teams to deliver a seamless, efficient, and enjoyable product experience for our users.
Specifically, we are looking for an experienced professional with a proven track record in designing, building, and maintaining end-to-end products—someone who desires to make a significant impact and can deliver. In our fast-moving, small engineering team, each member has the opportunity to affect the company's success profoundly.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Head of Product Engineering.
- Design, build, and maintain front-end features that enhance our platform's user experience while contributing to back-end architecture and performance.
- Continually improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes to establish best practices.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and the commercial team to understand and translate business requirements and customer pain points into technical solutions.
- Conduct user research and usability tests to improve our product continually.
- Develop opinions, be able to communicate them, and turn them into features. Be able to explain why a feature matters to customers as well as its importance in the competitive landscape.
- This role will expose you to a broad tech stack - Python, PostgreSQL, OpenCV, PyTorch, TypeScript, React, GCP, AWS, K8S, CUDA, and the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning.
- At least 3+ years of experience if you’ve had formal training or 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- Willingness to own and improve a number of systems and processes simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically about design and user experience.
- Experience in creating feature-rich front-end applications.
- Experience with user interface design and a keen sense of aesthetics and UX.
Nice to haves
- Experience in building and maintaining machine learning systems or other large-scale data applications.
- Experience in all areas of software development - BE, FE, test, infra.
-Experience with large modern Python codebases.
If you don’t meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
What We Offer
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services for enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals, such as healthcare, defense, autonomous driving, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems that will drive the future of humanity.
-Competitive salary and equity in an early-stage YC-backed start-up.
-Hybrid work - with 3 days presence in our central London office, located in the heart of Soho with frequent social events.
-25 days annual leave a year + public holidays.
-Office located in the heart of Soho with frequent social events.
-Fast-paced learning through direct hands-on experience.
-Private health insurance and pension contribution.
-Cycle to work scheme.