Software Engineer in Test
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Encord is a fast-growing startup building an active learning platform for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI. We have raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test who will ensure that our products are of the highest quality possible . You will play a vital role in shaping the long-term vision for quality features to enhance customer experience. Our goal goes beyond "Quality Assurance" alone; we rely on your expertise to collaborate with us in creating an exceptional product and elevating our overall quality efforts.
- Build and maintain an automated testing framework and patterns, which are easy to understand, manage and build on by the wider development team.
- Collaborate with the development and community team to provide early feedback, test new features, and investigate user feedback from a technical perspective
- Work with engineers and management to implement risk-based testing strategies, using a variety of methods such as manual or automated as needed in a situation
- Performing root cause analysis for identified defects, proposing solutions, and implementing necessary corrective actions to improve software quality
- Advocate for quality in both engineering and product — ensure application functionality is protected and be a UX champion to ensure customers can fully utilise our best-in-class toolset.
- Participate in code reviews and provide valuable feedback to improve software quality and maintainability
- Be an effective owner and take leadership of features, own the QA process and improve the overall quality of our products. Must have experience in test automation technologies and frameworks including but not limited to Testing Library, Pytest, QAWolf, Cypress/Playwright and others.
- You will use your full stack (Front-end, API, backend/SQL) testing experience to help us build better products, to understand our products and built powerful test solutions: web, server and APIs, databases, and message systems
- 3 years or equivalent in developing or testing software using standard testing tools and frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, RSpec, Junit, Jest, etc.
- Proficiency in testing methodologies (e.g A/B testing, replay testing), test plan organisation, and technical requirements.
- Good communicator with the ability to multitask and prioritise.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity in a hyper growth business
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays
- Other benefits include private health insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more!
- Being one of the first employees in an exciting early-stage startup & opportunity to have real impact on the business
- Fast paced learning through direct hands on experience
- Office located in the heart of Soho with frequent social events.
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation and equity options in the business for the right candidate.