Full Stack Engineer
Posted on Thursday, September 1, 2022
Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive development platform for machine learning applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tooling was impeding the process of deploying ML models in practice. To us it feels like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We are building the tools to assist in the prototyping, building, deploying and optimising of computer vision applications throughout the AI model life cycle.
We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer to rapidly build new features and products and contributing to our state-of-the-art AI applications. You will:
- Design, build, and maintain features and products end-to-end - from FE design and implementation to BE architecture, performance and infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with the business teams to understand and solve our customers’ pain points
- Work to improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes to establish engineering best practices
- Contribute to hiring additional talent to our rapidly growing team
The role will expose you to a broad tech stack - Python, PostgreSQL, OpenCV, PyTorch, Typescript, React, GCP, AWS, K8S, CUDA, and the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning
Who we need
- A candidate with hands-on experience in designing, building and maintaining features and products end-to-end
- Someone with a desire to have impact - and the ability to deliver. You’ll join a fairly small, fast moving, engineering team where each member of the team can dramatically affect the overall success of the company.
- Ability to self-manage. Encord is a flat, early-stage startup without a lot of structure. To be successful, you’ll need to be autonomous to a large extent and able to adapt to a rapidly shifting environment.
- At least 3+ years of experience if you’ve had formal training or 5+ years of experience in industry
- Willingness to own and improve a number of systems and processes simultaneously
Nice to haves
- Experience in all areas of software development - BE, FE, test, infra
- Experience in product development
- Experience building and maintaining machine learning systems or other large scale data applications
- Experience building and maintaining feature rich FE applications
- Experience with large modern python codebases
What We Offer
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build a product which services enterprise AI use cases across many different verticals such as healthcare, manufacturing, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation and equity options in the business for the right candidate. Additionally we offer:
- Hybrid work - with 3 days presence in our central London office
- 25 days of annual leave
- Private health insurance and pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual education allowance
- Regular social events