Compliance and Security Engineer
Posted on Thursday, September 1, 2022
Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive training data solution for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
As part of our mission to transform data training into a data science problem, we are entrusted with our clients’ important and valuable data. Every member at Encord is serious about security and compliance, and we’re looking to bolster our position by adding a security and compliance engineer. You will help us maintain and strengthen our security and compliance posture. Your work will include:
- Liaise with external stakeholders and partners to understand security requirements
- Work with internal stakeholders to enact and maintain security and compliance processes and procedures
- Research and apply relevant tools and frameworks to help us achieve our security and compliance goals
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or an advanced degree focused on cybersecurity or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated experience in network and application security, performing and orchestrating pentests on networks and applications
- Experience with leading cloud infrastructure providers and security and audit tools
- Experience with industry compliance frameworks such as SOC, HIPAA, GDPR, ISO27001
What We Offer
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build a product which services enterprise AI use cases across many different verticals such as healthcare, manufacturing, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation and equity options in the business for the right candidate. Additionally we offer:
- Hybrid work - with 3 days presence in our central London office
- 25 days of annual leave
- Private health insurance and pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual education allowance
- Regular social events