Business Development Representative - UK (London)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 1, 2022
Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive training data solution for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
This is a unique opportunity for a driven, multi-talented person to join Encord as a business development representative and have a massive impact on a hyper growth business. The person will work closely alongside the growth team. The ideal candidate has great interpersonal skills, is dependable and willing to work hard, roll up their sleeves and ensure we hit our revenue growth targets. You will be in for a fun ride!
- Manage your own sales and meetings pipelines for both inbound and outbound sales activities
- Discover new sales leads based on industry & account research (LinkedIn Sales Nav, Apollo, internet research, etc)
- Create strategic outreach campaigns (calls, emails, LinkedIn, social selling, etc)
- Qualify prospects/accounts through email, phone, LinkedIn, etc
- Manage prospects, accounts, and opportunities in HubSpot
- Support building our sales function from the ground up: work on sales materials, processes and sales approach
- 0-3 years of sales experience or working in a start-up in a client facing role
- Demonstrates ability to manage prospect conversations, handling unexpected questions with ease
- Shows perseverance and can do attitude
- Have a growth mindset and believe nothing is impossible
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience within B2B technology is a plus but not required
- Intellectually curious and ready to become a trusted consultant in Computer Vision
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity in a hyper growth business
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays
- Office located in the heart of Soho
- A founding member of the business development team
- Flexible hours - Do your work when you are the most productive
- Health Insurance
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation.