At Tinybird, we enable developers and data teams to harness the power of realtime data and quickly build data pipelines and data products. With Tinybird, you can ingest multiple sources of data at scale, query and shape it using the 100% pure SQL you already know and love, and publish the results as low-latency, high-concurrency APIs that you consume in your applications. Developers can create fast APIs, faster. What used to take hours and days now only takes minutes. Tinybird is the indispensable tool that data engineers and software developers have been waiting for.
Our founding team has deep expertise building cloud and data intensive products serving organizations all over the world, and we are backed by great team members and investors who have built or are building some of the most relevant developer tools out there (including the Founders of GitHub, Algolia, and Vercel, amongst others).
Being a remote-first company with over 70 birdies from different nationalities, we believe our strength lies in cultivating a diverse environment. Everyone at Tinybird plays a role in forming and executing our strategy, and we truly believe our globally diverse workforce is the key to unlocking the most value for our customers.
About the Role
Documentation is critical to the success of Tinybird’s platform. Sitting within Developer Relations, we are looking for an experienced Documentation Engineer to help lead the strategy and implementation of docs at Tinybird. You will take ownership of the docs work, from writing technical documentation, prioritizing backlog, setting up processes, collaborating with the product team, building interactive experiences, and implementing information architectures. We value experimentation and iteration, so we are looking for someone open to trying, failing, measuring, and trying again.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to join the team as a Documentation engineer that have:
- Experience writing technical documentation for external developer audiences
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience turning complex technical concepts into clear, consistent, accurate documentation for developers of varying skill levels
- Experience with Git, Markdown, and front-end web development (JS/TS, React/Next)
- Experience with SQL, JS/TS, and Python for reading and writing code samples
- Experience designing, implementing, and experimenting with information architecture
- Experience working with databases, distributed systems, and the data ecosystem
- Bring opinions and experience around information architecture, standards and guidelines, and docs tech stack
- Lead on docs content, owning the processes, backlog, and prioritization
- Write docs with a focus on clarity, consistency, and accuracy
- Communicate with the Tinybird community, self-service, and enterprise users to guide and inform our docs work
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand changes and additions to the platform and how they affect our docs content
- Help to ideate, design, and implement interactive experiences within docs
- Be part of a remote distributed team that currently spans the US and Europe
Some bits about the way we work
- We are a fully remote company, and not just because of COVID19. All of our previous companies were remote friendly companies.
- We give you up to 2400€ to get the right setup at home if you need it
- We are just starting up so your work will impact everything we do. We also believe in full transparency and you will always know what is going on
Here you have our company principles.
Selected candidates will progress through this process:
- An initial technical interview with our Head of Dev Rel
- A second technical interview with a member of Product team
- An interview with our VP of Developer Relations and Marketing
- An interview with a member of our founding team
- A competitive package, including Stock Options.
- Up to $130K depending on experience.
- 22 days of holiday a year (plus your birthday and public holidays), but… who's counting?
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best. This time, we are looking for people based in the US east coast or Europe.
How to apply
Apply telling us a bit about yourself and ask us whatever you need to know about the problem we are trying to solve, the company, your role, etc.