Frontend Web Developer
Tinybird is the real-time data platform. At Tinybird, we enable data teams to harness the power of real-time data and quickly build data pipelines and data products. With Tinybird, you can ingest multiple data sources at scale, query and shape them using the 100% pure SQL you already know and love, and publish the results as low-latency, high-concurrency APIs you consume in your applications. Developers can create fast APIs, faster. What used to take hours and days now only takes minutes. Tinybird is the indispensable tool data engineers and software developers have been waiting for.
Our founding team has deep expertise in building cloud and data-intensive products serving organizations all over the world, and we are backed by great team members and investors who have built or are building some of the most relevant developer tools out there (including the Founders of GitHub, Algolia, and Vercel, amongst others)
Being a remote-first company with over 60 birdies from different nationalities, we believe our strength lies in cultivating a diverse environment. Everyone at Tinybird plays a role in forming and executing our strategy, and we truly believe our globally diverse workforce is the key to unlocking the most value for our customers.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to help us build and maintain our customer-facing website (www.tinybird.co), maintain our marketing landing page and email templates, and assist in developing new features in our documentation. You’ll have complete ownership over our public-facing web properties in this role. You’ll work closely with marketing, design, and product to implement a visually appealing site that exceeds our expectations for web traffic, performance, and conversion.
Today, we are in the middle of a migration from a Webflow project to a modern architecture based on NextJS + Tailwind and deployed in Vercel. In this role, you will be essential when choosing which technologies we will use, optimizing speed and maintainability. The first few months of this role you will help finalize the migration from Webflow. After that, you will be responsible for creating new features and the overall health of the site.
At Tinybird, we move very fast, but always as a flock. So candidates must be phenomenal team players and fully capable of completing complex tasks in a self-directed manner.
This role is remote-first, based anywhere in the EU, and English-language proficiency is required.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to develop features, implement new pages, and maintain our existing web properties
- Translate designs and wireframes in Figma into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a variety of devices and browsers
- Optimize the website for technical SEO
- Integrate the website with third-party APIs, including APIs published by Tinybird
- Build proof of concepts for new ideas that we want to try out
- Contribute to our company-wide React component library and style guide
- Work in a public OSS development environment on GitHub using a git workflow
- Strong self-driven execution, ownership, and delivery
Experience and Skills
- 4-6 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of React and how to build reusable components
- Experience with the JAMStack
- Familiarity with git workflows, CI/CD, and deployment process
- Knowledge of SEO factors and techniques
- Sensitive to the smallest details of look & feel, user flows, and UI/UX
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
- Works well independently and remotely
Some bits about the way we work
- We are a fully remote company, and not just because of COVID19, we have worked like that for many years. All of our previous companies were remote-friendly companies.
- We will provide you with up to €2400 to get the right setup at home if needed.
- We are just starting up, so your work will impact everything we do. We also believe in full transparency, and you will always know what is going on.
Read more about our company principles.
A bit more about the hiring process
Selected candidates will progress through this process:
- An initial technical interview with our FE Web developer
- A technical exercise of not longer than 3-4 hours
- An interview with our VP of Developer Relations and Marketing
- A second technical interview with and additional members of our team
- An interview with a member of our founding team
- Competitive package, including salary up to 80K €/year
- 22 days of holiday a year (plus your birthday and public holidays, but... who is counting?
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best. This time, we are looking for people based in Europe or US East Coast.