Senior Data Scientist
London, UK · United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer
The Tessian Cloud Email Security platform helps enterprises defend against email attacks, protect against data loss and respond to security incidents more efficiently. By combining artificial intelligence with an understanding of employee email behavior, Tessian is able to prevent complex email attacks and data loss incidents that evade Secure Email Gateways and the built in security controls of M365 and Google Workspace.
The world's largest banks, healthcare organizations, hedge funds and law firms all use Tessian to secure their email environments, data and people whilst saving their security team time. In 2022 alone, Tessian prevented hundreds of thousands of business email compromise attacks, data loss incidents and saved hundreds of hours of work for security teams.
Tessian is headquartered in London and Boston with 200+ employees globally and has raised over $120m in venture capital funding from world leading investors like Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, March, Citi and Okta. Tessian was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022. More information can be found at www.tessian.com.
Data Science at Tessian
Our mission is to secure the human layer. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations to keep their most sensitive data private and secure. To do this, we're looking for a senior data scientist with NLP experience ready to work on hard problems, drive best practice and cultivate an environment of experimentation and learning.
Companies can leverage data science in a number of ways, and we think the role of a Data Scientist falls into three distinct categories:
1) You work for a business function analysing & reporting on how to improve a key metric, e.g increasing user conversion
2) You are responsible for writing production models to enhance the main product, e.g recommendation systems for e-commerce
3) You build the product - without machine learning, it wouldn't exist
The Data Science team built the product at Tessian. We couldn't exist without our machine learning models; they are at the heart of what we do, and they are what our clients rely on day-to-day. We're searching for a Senior Data Scientist who is excited about the opportunities and challenges that come with researching, building and deploying real-time production models.
On a day to day basis you'll get to
- Work across massive enterprise email datasets
- Train and deploy models to production that impacts directly our customers and products
- Improve our ML workflow
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product Team to enhance our products.
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
We'd love to meet someone who
- 4+ years Data Science experience
- Can balance longer term projects alongside impactful quick wins
- Cares deeply about the impact their team has
- Is creative at heart, and can encourage novel ways of thinking in their team. This has always been a core part of the data science team’s DNA
- Reads Rules of Machine Learning - Martin Zinkevich and it resonates with how they think about machine learning and data science
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operations
- Takes responsibility for delivering large projects that require collaboration from start to finish
- Has strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing. For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values.
As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry, and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian’s life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
See more open positions at Tessian
Something looks off?