Senior Finance Analyst - Payroll (3 month FTC)
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Excellent career opportunity for a part qualified accountant to gain experience within the Finance team of a high growth company. In this role you will become a key contact to our global growth function, with responsibilities including monthly payroll management, payroll accounting, incentive and commissions management, ensuring timely and accurate payments, and software updates. You will also support the review of global payroll and provide accurate accounting treatment of payroll elements in Netsuite and give professional insights to stakeholders at month end close. You will have an opportunity to suggest and implement changes to current processes and work with other departments to align those processes to deliver value across the operations teams.
As a Senior Finance Analyst at Onfido you will be responsible for payroll function of 9 countries (US, UK, France, Canada, Portugal, Netherlands, Germany, India, Singapore) of the group and around 500 full time employees. Main responsibilities will include:
- Monthly review of global payroll and accounting for payroll journals
- Liaising with payroll consultancy to address issues when necessary
- Reporting on payroll and incentives data, adding insights to stakeholders
- Preparing clear and accurate payroll accounts reconciliations for month end
- Managing accounting treatment of the bonus accruals/expenses, holiday accruals/expenses and other payroll related accounts
- Being responsible for maintaining staff costs manual and workflow
- Being a point of contact for all payroll and staff costs related queries for FP&A team
- Managing Zendesk payroll, commission and expenses tickets
- Calculating incentive and commission payments across our teams
- Executing the commission policies, including providing clear and easy to understand statements
- Managing Xactly Incent - a variable compensation software
- Assisting Financial Controller and the team with annual audit queries for all the entities in the group
We’re looking for a Senior Finance Analyst who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- Previous experience in a payroll team is essential
- Experience working in payroll function across EMEA, APAC and AMER is desirable
- Familiarity with payroll and accounting rules for employee equity transactions
- Part or newly qualified in any professional
- Accounting qualification
- A keen interest in Finance, with demonstrable numeracy skills
- Excellent time management and be able to work to multiple deadlines
- Needs to be organised, methodical, accurate and possess good attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Netsuite
- Able to work independently and solve problems
Onfidoers share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.