Accounting & Finance
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
An excellent opportunity for a part-qualified or qualified Accountant to join the Finance team of a high growth company, at an exciting phase in it’s journey. The role offers an unique opportunity to explore the commercial side of the finance world. In this role you will lead the group’s treasury function, reporting directly to the Group Finance Manager to drive Onfido’s cash management, funding and financial risk management strategy.
The successful candidate will be driven and enthusiastic, have exceptional attention to detail and a strong understanding of accounting. You’ll be a great business partner, continue to develop the group's treasury function and build key relationships across the business.
As an Assistant Treasury Manager at Onfido you will:
- Treasury & Cash Management; implement all aspects of the groups treasury policy, including providing daily cash updates and developing weekly cash flow forecasts by currency, entity and consolidated group level
- Manage bank relationships and administration such as bank mandates
- Responsible for cash management across the group, raising supplier payment runs whilst ensuring working capital requirements are met
- Prepare treasury and cash management reporting to be included in weekly exec team presentations and quarterly Board reporting
- Continue building Onfido’s treasury function, implementing new processes and controls to ensure best practice treasury and cash management as the group continues to grow
- Work closely with commercial finance to manage forecast cash movements and consider the appropriate capital structure of the group through the next phase of growth
- Audit & Reporting
- Responsible for monthly covenant reporting to banks in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with transfer pricing and intercompany management across the group’s international entities
- Assist with the audit management of our international entities, dealing with audit requests and local advisors
- Assist with the development of processes and controls of equity
- Assist with investor reporting to major shareholders and dealing with Strategic Corporate Affairs information requests
We’re looking for an Assistant Treasury Manager who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- A keen interest in experience working in a treasury functionAbility to build great working relationships, with all levels of the organisation
- Passionate about statutory and investor reporting
- Excellent time management and be able to work to multiple deadlines
- Needs to be organised, methodical, accurate and possess good attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Able to work independently and solve problems
- Hard working, dedicated and willingness to take on new challenges
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to look for efficiencies in all processes and drive change in a growing business
- Previous experience in the technology industry
- Previous experience in treasury would be beneficial
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Bupa Private Medical and Dental Insurance*
> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
> Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)*
> Generous paid parental leaveFree mental health coaching provided online
> Life enrichment allowance of up to £80 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after passing probation
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
See more open positions at Onfido
Something looks off?