Strategic Account Manager
In short: Full-time, remote position. Please only apply if you are currently residing in the US.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
🔧 The position
- As part of our rapid growth and international expansion, we are looking for our first Enterprise Account Manager in the US, to play a leading commercial role in the Gigs Customer function.
- You will own, build and grow relationships with Gigs’ largest, most strategic customers across multiple industry verticals. You will be responsible for the commercial well-being of these strategic accounts, including negotiating contract renewals and generating upsell.
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of your assigned customers and their use cases, keeping a close track of their usage data to ensure they are making the best use of Gigs. You will also identify and develop new opportunities for growing Gigs’ usage (including advising on, and helping coordinate, expansion into new verticals and jurisdictions by existing customers) along with expanding the number of stakeholder relationships across your assigned customers.
- You will collaborate effectively with Business Development, Marketing, Support and Implementation to run cross-functional customer projects and campaigns and ensure the best possible experience for Gigs’ customers.
- You will help to gather testimonials and other collateral from customers to be used for marketing.
- You will think critically about the organisation of Account Management within the broader Customer Success team and be comfortable taking responsibility for suggesting and implementing structural improvements. As the first Enterprise Account Manager in the US you will play a leading role in efforts to build out the processes, tools and documentation to scale the AM function.
- You'll work closely with our Head of Customer Success to scale the after-sales customer management, partake in operations and help build a fast-scaling software company.
- Over the next few years, we will continue to grow the CS team and you will be at the forefront of that growth.
We’re looking for the perfect candidate, who can demonstrate the points below. But even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Account Management at a B2B or SaaS tech company.
- You're great with people. Managing customer relationships can be stressful, especially when things are not working as expected. You should be able to deescalate a situation and not take an individual's opinion or mood personally.
- You’re a commercial thinker. You are focused on growth, happy negotiating renewals and comfortable working with, and tracking, commercial KPIs like NRR, GRR and ARR.
- You care about the customer experience. You are invested in ensuring our customers’ success. Your focus is on delivering value and ensuring Gigs has a business impact.
- You’re a problem solver. You love solving customers’ problems and can show initiative and lateral thinking to find solutions to unusual issues.
- You look to unblock inefficiency. You look at the entire operation along the B2B2C value chain and find ways to leverage efficiencies for our partners. You figure out where processes can be improved (internal and external) and where things could break. And fix it yourself or with our engineers.
- You love to challenge the status quo and solve problems incrementally. You understand that building a product our partners want involves trying things, including some which don’t scale. You understand that the most effective results often aren’t immediately perfect but come from solutions that have been iteratively developed.
- You enjoy engaging the team. This means high involvement of all team members across all functions within Gigs and our partners.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and don't only follow what you already know.
- You’re fluent in English.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 21 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike or get creative at a hackathon.