Executive Assistant to the CEO (f/m/x)
In short: Full-time, position based in Berlin. Please only apply if you are fluent in English and German.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors who can help us navigate our rapid growth*.*
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
🤗 The team
As Executive Assistant to CEO, you’ll work closely with Hermann, Co-Founder and CEO, to manage his day-to-day both as an executive and personal admin basis. To drive your executive assistant function, you’ll also work closely with Nandi, Chief of Staff to CEO, on a daily basis.
🔧 The position
As Executive Assistant to the CEO, you’ll be part of the executive office at Gigs. This includes managing the CEO’s day-to-day professional cadence and personal admin. As well as working closely with the Chief of Staff to optimize the CEO’s time for core company priorities.
Some of your work will include:
- Directly manage the CEO's schedule, ensuring their time is spent most effectively and efficiently on the highest priorities. This includes scheduling, monitoring key meetings for changes or adjustments, prompt communication on changes, providing meeting outlooks, flagging priority calendar items, and ensuring timely input of agendas and briefs.
- Managing the CEO’s personal administration, including invoicing, managing tax and regulatory deadlines, organizational to-dos, and other miscellaneous administrative tasks to enable the CEO to focus on core priorities.
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff to coordinate project priorities, follow up on action items, plan key meetings, write essential daily business briefs, draft meeting briefs and agendas, and work to remove blockers to operational progress on priority projects.
- Anticipate the needs of the CEO to provide proactive support to ensure his schedules are optimized for core priorities. Plan ahead, be resourceful, and resolve conflicting needs with little to no guidance.
- Plan and coordinate executive meetings, events, and complex travel arrangements and occasionally travel with the CEO for "on the ground" support.
- Be present in person at the office, remotely, and/or at events as a reflection and extension of the CEO's positive presence.
- Interface externally with a wide variety of stakeholders, including Investors, Customers, C-level external partners, and other stakeholders spanning across industries.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external executive assistants to investors, board members, and important external partners. Ensuring effective and prompt communication.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and protect operations by having a high level of discretion.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You’re fluent in English and German as well as based in Berlin.
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role ideally supporting C-level in a high-growth, fast-paced environment including startup, Venture Capital, finance, or tech.
- Strike the right balance between protecting the CEO's time while also being a solutions-driven collaborator with the team and external parties.
- Have keen judgment and be able to make decisions on behalf of the CEO and escalate when appropriate.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time-management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on precision and timeliness.
- An optimistic problem solver is able to navigate complex situations with grace and finesse.
- Thrives in a dynamic, never-a-dull-moment work environment and is able to anticipate the unexpected.
- Passionate about the details without losing sight of the big-picture objectives, priorities, and mission.
- Maintain a good-judgment-required balance between transparency and confidentiality in handling sensitive matters while getting things done.
- Comfortable with collaboration and communication technologies including but not limited to Slack, Google Suite, and Zoom.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike, or get creative at a hackathon.