Senior Full-Stack Engineer (TypeScript) (f/m/x)
In short: Full-time position based in Berlin or remote in Europe. Please only apply if currently residing in Europe or UK. Generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
- You will help build our SaaS Dashboard and consumer-facing web apps and can bring new ideas to directly shape the app development beyond our established work.
- You will work with a modern tech stack using Next.js, React, Typescript, Tailwind CSS, react-query, Jest, and React Testing Library.
- You will use your skills for Frontend and Backend technologies built on top of Next.js
- You will take ownership of features from planning and implementing to shipping and optimizing.
- You will work closely with our UI/UX team to develop the best possible experiences for our users.
- You will help design maintainable and scalable software architectures.
- You will give feedback, ideas, and code reviews to your colleagues.
- You will collaborate with colleagues across the engineering organization through cross-functional working groups and our RFC process
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You have advanced experience building web apps using React. You are a TypeScript pro, know your way around Next.js, and can implement common and advanced React patterns. You’ve been doing this for 5+ years. Working with git is natural for you.
- You enjoy building best-in-class experiences. You know what makes apps excellent, you can give your input and are able to implement the best possible UX.
- You have built and maintained scalable apps. You love to build things for scale and have experience in designing app architectures and writing high-quality code.
- You enjoy building a product from scratch. This means high involvement in the design process and understanding what customers want.
- You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and not only follow what you already know.
- You care about more than engineering quality. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
- You are an all-rounder: You're fluent with RESTful APIs, worked with Docker, GCP, GitHub Actions, Cypress, or Testing Library
- Competitive salary range of €85k - €120k, matching your experience and market value.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-friendly work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our twice-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together to build relationships, have fun, and relax in the sun.