Head of Finance
In short: Full-time, remote position in Europe or the US. Please only apply if currently residing in Europe or the US. Competitive salary, stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
We are seeking an exceptional Head of Finance to spearhead and define the Finance team at Gigs. As the first finance hire, you will drive finance-related projects across the company and be the expert on all financial topics, from financial planning, to tax, to investor relations for Gigs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build, structure, lead, and manage an effective finance team.
- Be the point of contact for all financial matters in each market Gigs operates in, including tax, investments, compliance, reporting & controlling.
- Drive the company’s financial planning in close collaboration with the founders. Develop and manage Gigs’ budget, and communicate Gigs’ financial performance and goals with our shareholders, financial partners, and investors.
- Support the organization on complex transactions and ensure the company's readiness for further fundraising rounds.
- Support expansion into new markets: you will help grow Gigs by advising on expansion into new verticals and geographies.
- Ensure correct filing of tax and financial reports and lead any financial or tax audits.
We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- You have experience as a senior leader in a finance role: you will bring comprehensive finance knowledge both from a P&L, cash flow, and balance sheet perspective. You’re experienced and comfortable with integrated financial planning and company valuation methods. Experience with Netsuite is ideal for this role.
- You’re an owner: you’re excited about building Gigs’ Finance function from the ground up. You have a strong entrepreneurial drive to create something new.
- You’re a leader: you have strong leadership experience and have managed teams to efficiently execute finance topics.
- You can work with the industry: you have a proven ability to interact with investors and industry experts. You’re deeply familiar with tech-first business models and can speak intelligently about subscription business models.
- You’re an analytical whiz: you have the ability to transform ambiguous business problems into analytical questions, then communicate this back up to senior leaders.
- We work in English at Gigs. German language skills are also desirable for this role.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 21 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike or get creative at a hackathon.