Telecom & Operations is Gigs’ central operations function responsible for working with industry partners and across our internal stack to scale our business. This includes partner management, core operations, and product partnerships. This team sits cross-functionally between Business Development, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering.In short: Full-time, remote position. Please only apply if you are currently residing in North America or Europe.
We are Gigs
- Gigs is for telecommunications what Stripe is for payments. We empower brands to offer their own mobile service for smartphones and wearables:
- Businesses can brand and launch their own phone plans. This allows companies to create smooth customer experiences, attract and monetize new users and unlock new revenue streams.
- Consumers can sign up and activate their SIM card or eSIM in less than 5 minutes, and easily manage their plan online.
- We are backed by Google Gradient Ventures and Y Combinator, as well as the investors behind Facebook, Dropbox, and Airbnb. As part of Gigs, you will have access to the teams, resources, and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and angel investors that can help us navigate our rapid growth.
- Gigs was part of the YC W21 and YC Growth W23 batches and has recently raised a $20MM Series A.
The teamTelecom & Operations is Gigs’ central operations function responsible for working with industry partners and across our internal stack to scale our business. This includes managing SIM logistics, payment operations, and scoping new telecom platform features. This team sits cross-functionally between Business Development, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering.
As our first dedicated Product Partnerships hire, you’ll be part of the early team building this function at Gigs. This includes interfacing between Gigs’ Telecom & Operations, Product, and Engineering teams, and becoming an expert on Gigs’ telecom stack.
You will work closely with April, our Head of Telecom & Operations.
Some of your work will include:
- Product Partnerships: Work with Gigs’ Product Team to identify partnerships that are needed to enable feature launches. Run the process end-to-end to scope the company's needs, find the right partners, launch and manage partnerships to support our products.
- Network Initiatives: Partner with Gigs’ Network Integration team to scope new Telecom features Gigs could unlock. Manage projects to roll out these new features to Gigs’ customer base, driving revenue and better customer experience.
- Market Expansion: Partner with Business Development to analyze the best international markets for Gigs to enter next. Pick the best telecom partners for us to work with and drive a new partnership to fruition. This includes managing commercial negotiations and shepherding smooth technical integration with their systems.
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. 🦄
- You have 5+ years of work experience, 2+ years of related experience. Experience at a B2B or SaaS company. Previous Telecom industry experience is a nice-to-have but not necessary – Fintech/Payments has a similar industry landscape.
- You’re an owner. You’ve had experience owning projects and are comfortable operating both internally and externally. You love to build great external relationships with stakeholders that enable you to move projects forward quickly.
- You love to challenge the status quo: You work best in an environment where you can test solutions that work for the business. You like to question why something doesn't currently work and take things that don't work apart to see how you can rebuild them better. You keep a balance between getting things done and challenging the existing limitations.
- You’re commercially minded. You think in terms of the business priorities and what needs to happen to move the needle financially. You’ll bring this lens to partnerships and projects you own.
- You’re based in North America or Europe. You’re fluent in English.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 28 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Free phone and data plan
- Flexible working hours: Early riser? Night owl? Need to pick up your kids and finish up later? You can discuss and organize with your team to work out what’s best for you.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- A workplace built for remote-first work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company, but we also believe in the magic of face-to-face interaction. That means we’re building ways to get you out of your home office from time to time:
- Gigs Pads: Our collection of beautiful homes around the world, for when you need a work-cation getaway.
- Gigs Republic: Our semi-annual sunny offsite, a time for us to all come together. Meet fellow Gigsters from around the world to spend quality in-person time with your team. Cook a delicious meal at our cooking competition, Gigs Table. Have fun playing games, going on a hike, or get creative at a hackathon.