Back-End Development Engineer (Remote)
At Foundries.io we have created an open source software platform using the latest industry practices and standards throughout, so product developers can build on a common software base. We are reinventing IoT and Edge device software development with our FoundriesFactory cloud service, and our goal is cross-industry adoption, without lock-in. To accomplish this we use industry standards, open source technologies and a new business model to disrupt the status quo of the fragmented IoT device market.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to help build new features for our cloud infrastructure. This infrastructure is built on top of Kubernetes and is written in mostly Python3 with some Golang. We are responsible for building several different scalable services that enable the FoundriesFactory including: CI Service Docker registry Embedded device management platform for over-the-air updates Git service Security platform
An ideal candidate would be comfortable working on a few different components and have a vision for keeping them all integrated, in ways that increase the customer value of the Factory experience.
- Take ownership of features from design to production
- Use design thinking to create desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable solutions
- Develop and improve testing of features under your responsibility
- Make our product enjoyable to use by our customers by keeping things simple, intuitive, and appropriately documented
- Operate with autonomy
- Be able to handle ambiguity
- Be able to manage large scope and break things down for others
- Customer centric feature development
- Be able to identify customer pain points, requests and turn them into features
- Become the subject matter expert on one of the cloud services and eventually be the leader of a team that develops, maintains, and supports that system
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in relevant technical field
- 5+ years of experience in server side development
- Experience Golang and Python3 REST APIs
- Experience in some or all of the following
- Docker and container orchestration
- PKI Security and encryption
- Scale-out of cloud services (load, geography)
- Start-up or scale-up experience and be self-sufficient and strongly motivated
- Thrive in a fast-moving work environment where you will mostly interact with your colleagues remotely
- Occasional global travel will be required (post COVID19) to attend company and industry events
- Position is fully remote, US or UK/Europe time zone preferred
Apply for this position
Please email an up to date CV to [email hidden]
The Foundries.io vision is to be the open source OS of everyThing. FoundriesFactory is our fixed subscription cloud service, providing our users with the software platform that reinvents IoT. Building on our award-winning start up roots, we work with a growing number of customers and partners - from agile and disruptive start ups to market-leading global corporations.
Industry veterans George Grey and Ian Drew lead a team of talented engineers and business minds located around the globe. Many decades of experience in open source, embedded Linux and connected product development and deployment is brought together, delivering an open platform for IoT and Edge that implements best industry standards and that is built for scalability and longevity. Our distributed virtual team continuously interacts through a variety of channels including Slack and Hangouts to ensure a close working, supportive and collaborative environment.