Account Executive - UK
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 2, 2023
Encord is building an active learning platform for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. We have raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, multi-talented individual to help build our sales function from the ground up and have massive impact on a high growth business. The person will work closely alongside the co-founders, sales, and senior team and shape Encord's direction and sales strategy. The ideal candidate is a superstar who is willing to work hard, roll up their sleeves and take responsibility for selling to some of the world's leading companies adopting computer vision technologies. You will be in for a fun ride!
• Generate, manage and forecast a sales pipeline, from new and existing accounts
• Work with our marketing, engineering and product teams to relay customer requirements, feedback, and pain points to make offering for computer vision specialist companies & enterprise better
• Formalize a go to market strategy in terms territory/vertical planning and identify qualified value segments
• Build relationships with C-Level executives at target organisations
• Navigate and close out complex sales cycles with some of the most prestigious computer vision companies & enterprise across the United States
• Define, execute, and own an engagement plan for key prospects
• Collaborate with team members and find strategic ways to win business
• Build strong relationships with your prospects but also all internal stakeholders involved in the sales cycle
• Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement, while creating satisfied and reference-able customers
• 3+ years of sales experience at B2B SaaS startups, ideally with medium to large-ACV ($50-100K+) data-focused products
• You love technology and love to talk about it; you love to get people inspired about the power of AI
• Previous experience as early enterprise account executive hire a plus
• Are familiar with HubSpot or other sales prospecting tools
• Have a growth mindset and believe nothing is impossible
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
What We Offer
• Competitive salary and equity in a fast growing business
• 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays
• Being one of the first employees in an exciting early-stage startup & opportunity to have real impact on the business
• Fast paced learning through direct hands on experience
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation.